Join Master Sommelier, Dave Yoshida, Katia Alvarez, Winemaker for Martín Códax and Vicky Mareque Bueno, Director of Pazo Señorans, as they bring Rías Baixas and Albariño into your home in this GuildSomm Webinar. During the 90-minute webinar, the webinar will take you on a journey of our region and wines, which are highly unique to Spain’s Atlantic Coast in the northwestern province of Galicia.
Webinar topics include:
- The unique Atlantic coastal climate of Rías Baixas and its impact on the resulting wines
- The five sub-regions and their microclimates: Ribeira do Ulla, Val do Salnés, Soutomaior, O Rosal, Condado do Tea
- The region’s unique viticulture and approach to climate change
- How the winemaking styles of Rías Baixas are evolving, including lees aging, sparkling and aged wines
- Why Albariño from Rías Baixas continues to be a sommelier favorite: insights on pairing and selling these wines
- Personal insights from Vicky and Katia on how the region is evolving